Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chicken Salad

I almost didn't "blog" about this, since after all, it is so basic a recipe. But then I remembered why I write this blog, http://alexandheathereat.blogspot.com/ and the whole point is that I have a point of reference when I run out of ideas for what to cook, and as a personal food diary. The posts then magically appear in my facebook notes, random hours later due to an RSS feed.

Alex and I have long made chicken salad from a leftover roast chicken. In this case, it was even easier since we used a store bought rotisserie bird from Russo's! This birdie was lemony but dry. Perfect for salad.

Pick it apart and toss any tough pieces. Be picky and snack while you pick ;D.
Chop 2 stalks of celery and 1/3 of a sweet onion.
After veggies are chopped, give the shredded chicken a fine chopping. Toss chicken & veggies to desired amount (we left some onion out).
Mix with a decent glop of mayonnaise. Season with fresh ground sea salt & pepper.
This time it was on the tad salty side yet we couldn't help "sampling" it over & over again!
Make sandwiches using Scali bread (has sesame seeds) and lettuce & tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment