Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Carrot-Ginger Cupcakes with Orange-Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting

I have made these wonderful cupcakes twice before, at least. It is adapted from a recipe for Carrot-Ginger Layer Cake from The Martha Stewart Living Cookboook © 2000.
I have learned to divide the frosting recipe by 1/3. I made 27 cupcakes. My intention was to make these for school (6 kids, 1 teacher)... The parents will be getting some too!

My helper was quite willing to smash apart the toasted pecans.
This is a fine kitchen gadget.
Make sure to whip the frosting long enough so that it stiffens up.
Taster approved!

Of course, after I made the recipe and am now ready to put it on the blog (and not retype the recipe), I see that Martha's website has a cupcake version!
The ratios are the same, just scaled down for 12 cupcakes.
This is the Orange Ginger Frosting recipe. I used 1 1/2 more TB of butter in mine.
Sweet! Enjoy :D

No comments:

Post a Comment