Thursday, August 16, 2012

Taco Dip

This is a great taco dip recipe my mom wrote down for me a few years ago.
On a recent trip to my friend's vacation house in VT, I found that I left it there- it was amongst a stack of magazines. I recognized my mom's handwriting! 
I haven't made it yet but when mom did I remember it was *fabulous*! And so she wrote it down for me.
The next time you are tempted to buy one of those pre-made layer dips, try this instead!
Guaranteed it's far better and will be be gobbled up :)
Besides, 'tis the season for ripe tomatoes!

Taco Dip 

1 15 oz can refried beans
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
2 Tb salsa
1 8 oz sour cream
2 avocados, mashed
1 squeeze lemon juice
1 4 oz. can diced chilies
1 large tomato, diced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups Monteray Jack cheese
1 can (or preferably from an olive bar) black olives, sliced

Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

Layer:
 1. beans, taco seasoning, salsa
2. sour cream, avocados, lemon juice
3. chilies, tomatoes, onions
4. cheese, olives

No comments:

Post a Comment